Businesses are constantly exposed to breaches. The consequences of these breaches can be catastrophic to productivity and reputation and financially very damaging. There is a lack of simple and effective ways of managing cyber risk. Our mission is to use A.I. and other technology to make it easy for companies to understand their weaknesses and take the most effective actions. For this, we offer insurance, advice and tools. We are at the cross-roads of two growth markets: cyber insurance and cyber security, with growth reflecting the demand in related solutions.
We have come far since starting this venture in summer 2017. Bewica has obtained authorization by the Financial Conduct Authority and become a coverholder of Lloyd’s, the world’s specialist insurance market. We developed a machine-learning based cyber risk engine. We conducted workshops with 60 SMEs and, based on their feedback, developed our insurance proposition and self-service cyber protection MVP. We launched in September 2018 and are generating revenues.
About the role
As an engineer, you’ll be in charge of the code and infrastructure of the business. You’ll be responsible for building and running reliable and scalable microservices.
Our tech stack is composed of the following elements:
- Python and Node.js APIs and modules
- Kubernetes microservices running on Google cloud
- Firebase, MySQL and Google Cloud Storage
In a small start-up, you can be helpful in many different ways. However, your main responsibilities will be:
- Building microservices
- Managing microservices infrastructure
- Managing time-series security events data stores
We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about building microservices and excited about the challenge of a start-up at the cross-roads of cyber security and insurance.
Candidates must have the following skills:
- Technical background (BSc level or higher in CS, Engineering or Science)
The ideal candidate will be familiar with many and have a solid understanding of several of the following skills:
- Familiarity with Linux and Docker
- Familiarity with relational and document-oriented DBs
- Test Driven Development and Agile.
- A solid grasp of information security principles
- Ideally, a foundation or strong interest in cyber security
What we offer
- A competitive salary and equity package; this will be a function of the experience you bring
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Based in Barcelona with option of flexible working / working remotely
- This role is ‘in at the ground floor’ and will allow you to play a leading role in shaping Bewica
- A friendly, collaborative work environment. We are committed to making Bewica an enjoyable, rewarding place to work
- Become part of an experienced team passionate about helping companies be more cyber secure
You must be eligible to work in the EU.
Send an email, with your CV attached, to [email protected]