We are an AI Cyber Security Insurtech start-up based in central London. Founded in 2017, Bewica’s mission is to use A.I. and other technology to make it easy for companies to understand their cyber risks and take the most effective actions. For this, we offer insurance, advice and tools. We are at the cross-roads of two high-growth markets: cyber insurance and cyber security.
We have also built a machine-learning based cyber breach prediction model which we are evolving for ever better risk quantification.
We are now looking to grow the team as a result of Bewica’s successful development. The Lead Software Engineer is a newly created role working closely with the CEO and alongside the CTO.
About the role
We are looking for a hands-on leader for our small, excellent engineering team which operates from two European locations.
We have built a microservices platform which delivers both our insurance and cyber risk components, direct to clients and to partners.
Our tech stack is composed of the following elements:
- React web applications
- Python and Node.js APIs and modules
- Docker microservices running on Google Cloud Kubernetes engine
- Services running in Google Cloud and AWS
In this position, you’ll be driving the technology roadmap of Bewica, coding yourself and leading by example to deliver on it. You’ll establish and maintain the appropriate procedures to support rapid development with confidence and schedule predictability. Your focus will be for us to have the best engineering team, platform tools, and processes.
You’ll collaborate closely with the sales and marketing team to establish a roadmap and timeline for technology and platform development so that our solutions become ever more compelling for our customers and partners.
Your expertise will lean towards architecture, team-building, real-time applications, data and analytics, and software development.
We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about building microservice architectures and excited about the challenge of a start-up at the cross-roads of cyber security and insurance. If you are interested in either machine learning or cyber security, that would be a great plus.
You’ll love to code yourself as well as lead others by example.
Candidates must have the following skills:
- Able to translate business goals into IT roadmaps and drive reliable, timely execution
- Hands-on coding experience with a tech stack similar to ours
- Comfortable managing a team of engineers in a start-up environment and which operates from various locations
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Technical background (BSc level or higher in CS, Engineering or Science)
The ideal candidate will be familiar with many and have a solid understanding of several of the following skills:
- Full stack development
- Microservices and containers
- Cloud environments (preferably Google cloud or AWS)
- Jupyter notebooks, Tensorflow
- Machine leaning experience would be a great plus
- Cyber security, penetration testing would be welcome
What we offer
- A competitive salary and equity package; this will be a function of the experience you bring
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Office based in Central London
- This role will allow you to play a leading role in shaping Bewica
- A friendly, collaborative work environment. We are committed to making Bewica an enjoyable, rewarding place to work for all levels of seniority
- Become part of an experienced team passionate about helping companies be more cyber secure
Send an email, with your CV attached, to [email protected]